How was that hurting him???? THey were just restraining him...Handcuffs don't hurt
We only hear the granparent's side of the story. I'd like to hear the school's side also.
Grandmother says she found diabetic grandson handcuffed at Wise Primary School
2007-11-27 06:07:57
A Wise County great-grandmother told the School Board Monday night that she found her diabetic great-grandson handcuffed when she arrived at Wise Primary School a few days ago.
According to the Bristol Herald-Courier Olympia Litos said her 9-year-old great-grandson was apparently restrained in the office following disruptive behavior shortly after he arrived at school. She said the child suffers adverse effects from medication he takes to control his blood glucose levels.
Litos said she was called to the school to pick up the child after an administrator told her he would not be abused by the student.
"He was in a chair, handcuffed," she told the board. "That was excessive force. It was against the law."
http://www.timesnews.net/blog_articl...Fenley&id=2496
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
How was that hurting him???? THey were just restraining him...Handcuffs don't hurt
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
Guess they were supposed to pamper him, pet him, and put powder on his a$$ like she and his parents prolly do.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
gimme a break granny!
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
Guys you are talking about a 9 year old here....come on! How bad could the 9 year old abuse that guy?
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
I deal with kids like this on a regular basis...and I know how it can get. Sometimes even a 9 year old need to be restrained...why? Cuz many parents today think lil Jimmy or lil Joe does no wrong...and they end up raising a child who has what amounts to a serial killer mentality by the time the kid is 17. Maybe if mom and dad would bust his a$$, he wouldn't end up in the office in cuffs in the first place. Everyone may cry and whine over this, but wouldn't the news be more shocking if he had killed or hurt another child?..think about that for a while.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
This thread is hilarious.
I know a 9 year old can throw fits but ...to be handcuffed because a grown man doesn't want to be beat up by the lil kid is too funny....
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
I think a majority of parents are naive about what goes on in the classrooms. According to the news article it wasn't the first time this kid was disciplined. I'm not saying this about this kid, but I know that it has happened in many other instances where a child will absolutely tell the teacher they aren't going to do and uses profanity (f-word included) while doing so. What is suppose to be done when this happens?? I know I don't want my child in the same room with the 'un-ruly' kids.
This 'stuff' happens everyday at some school in Wise County,, (not talking about handcuffing)
It seems that school administrators and teachers are the one wearing the handcuffs each day they go to work.
Yes the child had already been suspended 8 times this year (according to the Bristol) and apparently he's not an average sized 9 year old (but even an average size 9 year old can do some serious damage).
I know of students that age, locally, that are extremely violent and lash out physically when angry.
My older sister, in another state, had an incident, just as The Sage described it, just this month. Parents deny the kid was ever in the wrong. This particular child was such a threat they had to be physically removed from the property and was suspended from school. Of course the other students started after that and defended the actions of their suspended friend.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks